Becoming a real estate marketing expert in your neighborhood has many, many obstacles. Few of the obvious ones are:
- Quality: Coming up with enough high quality content is tough. Even for experts, let alone for most agents who are not necessarily good at writing engaging content
- Interestingness: When marketing online, you are competing with the attention of the audience. And since attention is limited, you are not only competing with agents, but all other sources including major content providers like Netflix, or your favorite funny cats video channel. Cookie cutter content is better than nothing, – I guess, when automated – at least you are out there, but all other agents in your area post similar content
- Limited time and resources: You are out on field selling real estate or networking and finding new clients. You do not have the extra hours it takes week after week to create and share exciting stuff
Is there a way to use ChatGPT to come up with a strategy and execution plan? Well, let’s try!
We used the following prompt for ChatGPT 4.0 asking for assistance.
Act like an online and social media marketing expert helping a real estate agent to become a go-to neighborhood source for everything real estate on social media. Suggest 10, easy-to-implement but highly effective, repetitive content to create for emails, blogs, and various social media. Being a marketing expert, you understand that the content has to be catchy to stand out, with a personal tone, so it does not sound like all those auto-generated cookie-cutter posts and you also understand that various online media require different style and content. Focus on top media channels: real estate agent’s own blog, Facebook personal account, Facebook Business Page, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Twitter, Google Ads. You want your real estate agent to be an influencer in the area, and also understand that real estate is a local business and neighborhood expertise requires localized knowledge, not general real estate trivialities. Now create a recommendation that is detailed with categorization for various media, multiple ideas for each category and itemized checklist for easy execution. Feel free to make this recommendation as long as it needs to be, but focus on easy execution, the content recommendation you provide should be at a 7th grade reading level and recommend sources for each marketing task, including MLS data, neighborhood data, local events. If there are tools to automate these repetitive tasks, make recommendations as well.
And here is the ChatGPT recommendation we received.
Recommendation for Online and Social Media Marketing
I. Blog Content:
- Neighborhood Profiles:
- Monthly feature of a specific neighborhood in your area.
- Cover history, demographics, amenities, schools, and unique selling points.
- Use local government websites, neighborhood associations, and local newspapers for research.
- Market Updates:
- Monthly real estate market updates for your area.
- Cover sales, trends, inventory, and average home prices.
- Use MLS data and local real estate board reports as sources.
- Homeowner Tips:
- Share practical advice on home maintenance, renovation, and energy efficiency.
- Offer seasonal tips and ideas for home improvement projects.
- Use DIY websites, home improvement stores, and expert blogs as sources.
II. Facebook Personal Account & Business Page:
- Share positive client testimonials with a personal note.
- Request permission to use their name and photo to add authenticity.
- Rotate testimonials weekly or bi-weekly.
- Local Events:
- Promote upcoming community events, such as fairs, charity events, and school functions.
- Share your own involvement and personal stories about past events.
- Use local newspaper websites, community websites, and event calendars as sources.
- Property Spotlights:
- Feature a property for sale or recently sold in the area.
- Include a brief description, appealing photos, and a link to the property listing.
- Use MLS data and your own listings as sources.
III. Instagram & TikTok:
- Showcase your day-to-day activities as a real estate agent.
- Share experiences with clients, property showings, and open houses.
- Use Instagram Stories and TikTok videos to share snippets of your day.
- Home Tours:
- Offer virtual tours of properties for sale.
- Highlight unique features and showcase the neighborhood.
- Use Instagram Reels and TikTok videos for short tours and IGTV for longer tours.
- DIY Tips:
- Share quick and easy home improvement projects and tips.
- Collaborate with local businesses or experts for credibility.
- Use Instagram Reels and TikTok videos for engaging content.
- Industry Insights:
- Share professional insights on the real estate market, trends, and predictions.
- Position yourself as a knowledgeable expert in your area.
- Use real estate news websites, industry reports, and expert blogs as sources.
- Connect with other local professionals, such as mortgage brokers, contractors, and interior designers.
- Share their content and collaborate on projects.
- Use LinkedIn’s search feature and join local professional groups for networking opportunities.
- Real-Time Updates:
- Share quick updates on local real estate news, market statistics, and new listings.
- Engage with followers by asking questions and responding to their tweets.
- Use MLS data, local real estate board reports, and news websites as sources.
- Local Highlights:
- Showcase local businesses, events, and attractions.
- Share your personal experiences and encourage followers to visit these places.
- Use local newspapers, event calendars, and business websites as sources.
VI. Google Ads:
- Targeted Ads:
- Create targeted ads for specific neighborhoods and property types.
- Use keywords related to your area, such as schools, parks, and amenities.
- Monitor ad performance and adjust targeting as needed for better results.
Tools for Automation:
- Hootsuite or Buffer: Schedule and manage content across multiple social media platforms.
- Canva: Design engaging visuals and templates for social media posts.
- Mailchimp: Automate email campaigns
VII. Email Marketing:
- Monthly Newsletters:
- Share a mix of your blog content, market updates, and featured properties.
- Include local event highlights and personal anecdotes to connect with recipients.
- Use email marketing tools like Mailchimp for automation and analytics.
- New Listing Alerts:
- Send targeted emails to subscribers about new listings that match their preferences.
- Include property photos, key features, and a link to the full listing.
- Use CRM software to manage and segment your contacts for personalized alerts.
- Client Follow-ups:
- Send personalized emails to past clients on anniversaries or milestones.
- Offer assistance with any real estate-related questions or needs.
- Use CRM software to track and schedule follow-up emails.
VIII. Content Repurposing:
- Transform Blog Posts:
- Turn blog posts into engaging infographics or slideshows to share on social media.
- Use Canva or Visme to create visually appealing content.
- Video Content:
- Repurpose video tours or behind-the-scenes content for other platforms.
- Edit and adapt the videos for Instagram Reels, TikTok, or LinkedIn.
- Share Across Platforms:
- Cross-promote content from one platform to another, adapting the format as needed.
- For example, share Instagram posts on Facebook, or tweet about a new blog post.
IX. Community Involvement:
- Sponsor Local Events:
- Sponsor or participate in community events to build your presence and reputation.
- Share your involvement on social media and encourage followers to attend.
- Collaborate with Local Businesses:
- Partner with local businesses for giveaways, co-hosted events, or content sharing.
- Promote the collaboration on social media and showcase the local business.
- Volunteer and Charity Work:
- Share your involvement with local charities or volunteer organizations.
- Post updates on social media and encourage followers to support the cause.
X. Analytics and Improvement:
- Track Engagement:
- Monitor likes, comments, shares, and other engagement metrics across platforms.
- Use native analytics tools (Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights) or third-party tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social).
- A/B Testing:
- Test different headlines, visuals, and formats to find what resonates best with your audience.
- Use email marketing tools (Mailchimp) or ad platforms (Google Ads) for A/B testing.
- Adjust Strategy:
- Use the insights gained from analytics and testing to refine your content strategy.
- Continuously experiment and iterate to keep your content fresh and engaging.
By implementing these recommendations, you’ll be well on your way to becoming the go-to neighborhood source for everything real estate on social media. Focus on providing valuable, localized content and engaging with your audience to build trust and establish yourself as an influential real estate agent in your area.
Not bad ChatGPT, not bad! But not perfect either. While the structure is great and easy to follow, the level of actionable details are lacking.
We want to get more specific recommendation for
- variations of such to keep the marketing channels intertesting
- and how to reduce the time requirements by properly sourcing the information and automation
In our next Installment, Step 2, we’ll ask more specific questions for ChatGPT, hoping that we can end up with an actionable plan that actually solves the problems mentioned at the top of this post.
Leave a Reply