I received an email from the Animoto guys this morning that their service is available for the public as of today. Animoto uses a patent-pending technology to produce high-impact video from your pictures and music.
Quote from their website: " Each video is a fully
customized orchestration of user-selected images and music. Produced
on a widescreen format, Animoto videos have the visual energy of a
music video and the emotional impact of a movie trailer."
Since we started to promote real estate videos more than a year ago, one of the main barriers to entry for most real estate agents was the high "cost" of production. While the cost of hardware and software to take and edit video is insignificant, the time and expertise required to actually produce it with an acceptable quality made it prohibitive for most of the agents.
Animoto might very well be the answer to this. The process is quite simple. You create a free account with them and upload your property images and music or choose from their selection. Their rendering engine takes care of the rest. Analyzing the music, it will create a high-impact, music video style, embeddable slide-show widget.
Amazing technology. And of course, fully supported by the free RealBird Listing Publisher property website builder to enhance your listing presentation.
Here is the work-flow I suggest:
- Take as many high-resolution pictures of your property as possible including exterior and interior, such as the kitchen, living room etc. You can always discard bad images after downloading them to your computer.
- Organize the pictures into presentation sections (exterior, kitchen, living room, master bedroom). E.g. put them in separate folders on your computer
- Create several short clips with Animoto
- Create a free property website with RealBird
- Upload all the pictures to RealBird
- Embed each Animoto clips under the video section of your RealBird listing site. Add a title above the embed code to describe the clip.
Below is a short example clip using photos of my baby nephews:
I would love to feature some of your listings on this blog if you are using Animoto. Send us your RealBird property link with Animoto clips embedded (or add it as a comment below) and we’ll feature it in our case studies category.
— Zoltan Szendro